The Making of Emerald City is a bonus preview episode of NBC's Emerald City that was released online on December 17th, 2016 as a free purchase on Youtube and the Playstation Network among other platforms.
It features various behind the scenes clips along with interviews about the series.
- Production tibits are noted such as:
- The tornado scene is made with large fans including a truck used to fight oil fires.
- The Yellow Brick Road is colored sawdust supposed to be poppies.
- Many of the flying scenes are done with hoisting up the cast with ropes instead of simliar special effects that could be made with green screen.
- There are over 1000 visual effect shots that required CGI animation to be placed in.for various characters, objects, and settings which are computer generated similar to that of video games.
- The crew has over 250 people with 500 film extras
- Actress Stefanie Martini's face was scanned using computers to create 14 perfectly sized masks for her character Lady Ev/Princess Langwidere
- The costume team had been working for six months.
- The Spain filming location ironically was being used by the Assassin's Creed movie at the same time.
- Actor Oliver Jackson-Cohen who plays Lucas/Scarecrow says that the 1939 film terrified him as a child because of the Wicked Witch of the West.
|Emerald City Episodes|
|1. The Beast Forever 2. Prison of the Abject 3. Mistress-New-Mistress 4. Science and Magic 5. Everybody Lies 6. Beautiful Wickedness 7. They Came First 8. Lions in Winter 9. The Villain That's Become 10. No Place Like Home Extra: The Making of Emerald City|