In this version, Manny Kin, Metal Guy, and Mystical Mountain Lion, figures adapted from the Scarecrow, the Tin Woodman, and the Cowardly Lion respectively, pursue self-improvement in the form of "smarts", love, and power. Dotty (Dorothy) only wants to find a way back home, and eventually finds it down a path none of the others are willing to follow.
Many of the elements of Oz are present in altered form:
- Toto is Nono
- the Yellow Brick Road is the Big Fat Road
- the Emerald City is the Really, Really Green and Environmentally Correct City
- the Wizard of Oz is the Great Wishy Woz
- the Wicked Witch of the West is the Wicked and Mean and Generally Not Very Nice Woman
- Glinda is the Fairy Oddmother.
John Fornof wrote the script.