- This article is about the television series pilot. For the novel of the same title, see Lost in Oz. Not to be confused with an unproduced project by Tim Burton also called "Lost in Oz" or with Amazon's Lost in Oz.
Lost in Oz is a pilot for an aborted Oz television drama series. The series would have taken place in the present day with references to the 1939 film, and contain a cast of new characters, some of whom are references to previous Oz characters. The series would have been a television action drama, much in the same vein as CW network's Smallville and The WB/UPN's Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Alexandra Wilder (Melissa George) - A young kansas woman who is about to get married but is having cold feet. An unexpected cyclone carries her to Oz.
- Caleb Jansen (Colin Egglesfield) - A World War II air force pilot, whose callsign is 'Scarecrow'.
- The Patchwork Girl/Brianna (Sandra Allen) - A mysterious girl who has been patched together much like Frankenstein's monster. She always speaks in rhymes and also was friends with Loriellidere before she became the next wicked witch.
- Bellaridere (Lynn Whitfield) : The Good Witch of the South that replaces Glinda who helps Alexandra and Caleb on their journey.
- Loriellidere (Mia Sara) : The new Wicked Witch who was a simple peasant named Theressa who became wicked against her will by a magical force after Dorothy killed the Wicked Witch of the West.
- Ozma: Reduced to only a little girl by a magic spell cast by Loriellidere.